These days it is much easier to answer "Who doesn't swing?"
Surveys taken over the years in the UK has shown that back in the late 1970's roughly 1 in 10 couples were involved, or wanted to become involved in swinging, by 2005 researchers found that the number of people either already involved, or trying to become involved in the swinging scene had risen to 25%!
In 2011 a TV station in Spain polled its viewers and found that over 30% of the population were actively involved in swinging!
The main definitions of Swingers are people who;
- enjoy having sex with other people as well as, and usually along with, their husband, wife or other regular partner .
- enjoy watching their partner have sex with someone else (better known as a voyeur).
- enjoy sharing their fantasies with their partner and other people.
- enjoy having sex with lots of people.
- enjoy going to swingers parties, hundreds of which are held every day, have a look at http://www.clubsandparties.com/ for one of the most complete listings on the web.
The main criteria for being a swinger is that you are open and honest with yourself, your regular partner and the people you meet.
Exactly Who Swings?
Anyone and everyone can be a swinger. Swingers are not defined by social class or religion, nor by age, as long as they are over the legal age of consent. (In most countries this is either 18 or 21. However in some countries the age of consent is lower, most genuine swingers, and all swingers clubs and parties still keep to the "no under 18's" rule)
Most swingers do not discriminate against others on grounds of age, colour, religion or class. However everyone has the right to choose who they do not play with, as if there is no attraction there will be no enjoyment.
Back to Frequent Questions